I used to think that swimming between early March and December qualifies as winter swimming.
Nothing could be further from the truth! There are people (including a fellow blogger from Ireland) who swim in Northern Europe in mid-January so why should I wait until March to cool down a little bit?
So here I am at Lake Bracciano near Rome, Italy, taking advantage of the mild weather that characterizes this unusual winter…
Anguillara Sabazia, Italy: January 21th 2020, 2pm!
Lago di Bracciano, Italy
Winter swimming is not only fun but (apparently) also beneficial.
According to a number of experts it is beneficial in a number of ways:
- It improves lymphatic circulation
- It improves cardiovascular circulation
- It reduces muscle inflammation
- It boosts happiness levels
- It aids weight loss efforts
- Improves hair and skin https://www.tonyrobbins.com/health-vitality/the-power-of-cold-water/
Since health, energy and vitality are the fuel of an amazing relationship why not try cold plunges to boost your immune system, your vitality and your overall happiness and well being?